8.23.11

I'm sure most of you know what happened today but we'll get to that later. Today was LG's first day was first grade. She was so excited, she asked me to leave her at the school sign instead of the front door to the school.My Little Girl growing up, walking herself into the school and to her classroom. tear* And yes today was the earthquake, Hubby has experienced an earthquake before on a trip to Cali but it was a first for me and the children. Lg was at school (we've covered this hehe) she says a poster fell off the wall and one desk in her classroom tilted, all of the children in her school were evacuated. The boy was napping the quake woke him up, he is such a good boy I went in there and did his bedtime routine again and he fell back asleep. Hubby was at work he tells me it only took him a few seconds to realize what was happening and he was frustrated because no one on his crew believed him when he said it was an earthquake. It was quiet time I was on the couch, The boy and his buddies were napping and the 5 year old I watch was upstairs playing barbies. At first just the couch shook, it was weird so I got up and walked around the couch, maybe hubby had snuck home and was shaking the couch. Nothing, shrug, so I sat back down then came the rattling I jumped up to go get the 5 year old. She was already screaming and running down the stairs to me, I tried to calm her and then remembered that I'm responsible for her so I took her into the bathroom. I was trying to convince her to sit there and wait for me so I could go check on the baby boys when it stopped. We were a little shaken but I was convinced it had something to do with the utility workers working in the street right next door, they must have done something to the pipes, yea that's it. After I soothed The boy and one of his friends (the 3rd slept through it!) we went upstairs to start the pizza dough in the bread machine. Then the phone rings, it's her mom, all nervous wondering if we are ok....That's when it hit me. We then packed up and went to pick up LG from her school yard. What an exciting first day of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment